FEEDERPOLY dosing system, advantages for the user
The emulsion poly-electrolyte dosing system, called FEEDER POLY, consists of a prefabricated panel that already has all the equipment necessary for the on-line mixing of the chemical product and the network water so as to obtain an adequate solution to the various uses .
The emulsion polyelectrolyte is sucked directly from the storage tank, via a mohno pump (or even more than one if required as a reserve) and diluted with mains water.The flow rate of the latter is measured through a flow meter, whose range of values depends on the required flow rates. The network water is calibrated using a regulating valve.The mixing between the polymer and the water takes place in the static dissolver in which, through the septa placed inside it, the right conditions of turbulence are created for perfect mixing.
Photographs of the machine
*: representative photographs of a generic model of the machine and unconstrained; depending on the case the machine can be with one or two static mixers and accessory equipment
The system has been studied and designed starting from the knowledge acquired and gained over the years regarding the management of purification plants. The aim was to make the preparation of the polyelectrolyte mixture necessary for the dehydration of the sludge produced, especially by centrifugal extractors safe, simple and economical.
The advantages obtained with the Poly Feeder are the following:
– Safety:Personnel do not handle any containers and only connect the suction pipe to the container filler. This avoids any contact with dust. Moreover, as is known to those who use classic polypreparators, slippery areas with a high risk of falls near the machine are avoided.
– Simplicity:The conductor must only adjust the flow rate of the mohno pump and the water control valve in order to have the right concentration. Intervention times are reduced to a minimum and effects on regulation are immediate.
– Economy: While confirming the best performance of a “matured” solution, field trials show that this higher performance does not exceed 10%. This percentage is absolutely ridiculous when compared to the quantity of solution prepared in classic polypreparers which is generally wasted and thrown into the network due to lack of use. This clearly determines, in addition to an increase in additional costs, often not calculated, also unwelcome consequences to the purification process caused by the polyelectrolyte stream. Even if minimal, the reduced use of external energy sources for mixing should also be considered in the overall cost-effectiveness of the process.
– Dimensions: The Poly Feeder, compared to classic polypreparers, considerably reduces the dedicated spaces and allows easy movements as shown in the above photographs.
The machine is essentially composed of:
– Polyelectrolyte dosing electric pump in emulsion: the emulsion is stored in a suitable tank and relaunched by the machine in static dissolvers; the output of the polyelectrolyte from a second line is provided in order to measure, by means of a beaker, the effective flow rate of the machine;
– Solenoid valve (when required): normally closed, activated for the introduction of clear water, to be mixed with poly electrolyte.
– Flowmeter: variable depending on the flow rates to be treated;
– Static mixers: made of AISI 304 stainless steel inside which the blades are positioned for the correct mixing of the fluid.
Dimensions and materials:
Use of the machine
It is not allowed to use the machine if:
– it is not correctly fixed to the ground;
– the pipes have not been correctly connected;
– it has not been correctly connected to the hydraulic system;
– it has not been correctly connected to electricity;
– there are obvious anomalies.
It is not allowed to intervene on the machine before it has been disconnected from the power supply line and, moreover, it is not possible to wash the machine by directing the jet of water onto the electrical parts. The machine must be used by properly trained operators to whom the Instruction Manual has been delivered.