REALIZATION OF EXPANSION WORKS OF THE PURIFICATION PLANT FOR CARTIERA SAN MARTINO SPA
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE INTERVENTION:
The revamping of the purifier affects the area where the plant currently stands, with replacement and modifications of equipment and pipes.
New civil works concern, in addition to the intermediate lifting and drainage relaunches, exclusively the disc and activated carbon filtration.
The plant in its future configuration will be of the biological type with activated sludge of the HYBRID type, consisting of 6 overall oxidation compartments and divided into two lines (each line consisting of 3 oxidation compartments), with nutrient dosing at the head of the plant.
The first compartment of each line will be of the pure MBBR type without sludge recirculation, the second and third will be of the carrier-free suspended biomass activated sludge type (CAS: Conventional Activated Sludge), but equipped for the future plant upgrading through the addition of carrier. The clarified outgoing product will undergo a tertiary treatment of filtration on discs and treatment on activated carbon filters. The sludge produced will be partly recirculated and partly sent to the paper mill as a surplus.
Cartiera San Martino Spa
OBJECT OF THE INTERVENTION:
Construction of expansion works of the purification plant for Cartiera San Martino Spa (FR)
AMOUNTS OF WORKS:
The final amount of the work is equal to € 583,439.54
1) Provision of an accumulation and homogenization tank capable of reducing the hydraulic load on the entire treatment system.
2) Improvement of the purification process by introducing carriers.
3) Raising the weir channel in order to raise the water head by 80 cm.
4) Installation of disc filters on cloth to reduce the presence of SST and COD in the discharged wastewater.
5) Installation of activated carbon filters for the reduction of the inert soluble COD present in the inlet waste that the biological treatment clearly cannot reduce.